BARTEC PIXAVI is Norway’s only smartphone manufacturer. We’ve created an explosion proof (intrinsically safe) Android smartphone, a smart camera, and a wearable helmet camera for oil & gas, mining, shipping, and chemical processing plants. Our products and solutions prevent explosions wherever hazardous substances such as flammable liquids, gases and dust could occur and keep humans safe and protect the environment. The devices are manufactured in Norway, and 90% of the devices are exported. We’re working on creating the next generation of our products, and we need your help!
Working at BARTEC PIXAVI
We have a distributed team of excellent hardware, low-level software and mechanical engineers located in four countries. Communication is done via Slack, and a short status video conference on Mondays and Fridays. Team members have the freedom of choosing their own tasks, and where to work. You manage the day yourself, and we of course have flexible working hours.
Our Oslo office has team dinners, a huge rooftop terrace and friday beers. We fly in team members from our other offices for social gatherings, team dinners, hardware bringup, and system stress testing.
You will have a unique chance to learn how to develop a smartphone and other mobile devices completely from scratch. We do almost everything in-house, you will be able to work on all the different product development phases. Everything from a new product proposal, concepts and prototyping, manufacturing and sourcing.
Some of your tasks will be
- Design and improve individual mechanical parts (Both in terms of quality and cost)
- Find ways to improve the design for assembly.
- Oversee and selecting suppliers and manufacturers.
- Setting up and optimizing the production line.
You’re self-driven and motivated by challenges. You value teamwork and good communication, and have excellent English written and oral skills.
The position also assumes that you have experience with:
– CAD systems (Solidworks) as well as good technical and practical understanding.
– Mechanical engineering and material science knowledge.
– Production processes like: Injection molding, insert/over molding, CNC machining, die casting and sheet metal work.
– FEM simulation capabilities is a benefit.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or an informal chat.