About the role and what we can offer
As part of our development team you will be involved in developing complex products to be used in extreme industrial environments. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to be part of the entire product life cycle, involved in concept development, prototyping, user testing, product optimization, selection of manufacturers and suppliers, production of parts to set up and improve production flow.
In 2014, Bartec introduced the world’s first explosion-proof mobile phone, which is also Norway’s only mobile phone. The product won DOGA’s “brand for good design”. We are currently launching our 2nd generation mobile phone and camera, while working on other interesting projects. We have ambitions to expand the team allowing us to strengthen our position on the market.
You will have the opportunity to work in an multidisciplinary and globally distributed team consisting of experienced HW, Mech and SW developers. Our portfolio consists of products developed 100% by Bartec as well as products that we develop and / or certify with well-known international brands.
We manufacture at Hapro, near Oslo, offering a short commute to one of our key partners, and at our facilities in Germany.
- Design and develop new parts, products and accessories
- Identifying deficiencies in mechanical parts and processes and developing improvements
- Analyzing and testing prototypes with a user-centric methodology
- Preparing documentation and communicating to suppliers regarding part status, quality and improvements.
- Select suppliers in collaboration with Bartecs Global Strategic Sourcing Team
- Project management of resources from external agencies and suppliers when required
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Tasks related to product certification (industrial and Ex)
- Collaboration and management of contract manufacturers (e.g, prototyping, production setup, optimization and quality control)
- Experience with Parametric CAD and other mechanical design software
- Experience designing mechanical components (MCAD), preferably also experience with ECAD
- Experience within Ex norms and standards are preferred (ATEX, IECEx)
- You have been part of a product development team and have experience with the typical steps in a product development process, as well as an understanding of design for small-scale production and mass production.
- You have material science knowledge and experience from various production processes such as injection molding, insert/over molding, CNC machining, die casting and sheet metal work.
- Experience with product certification process such as CE, FCC ++
- FEA simulation capabilities is beneficial
- Process oriented & quality driven. Preferably experience and interest for quality, safety and efficiency standards such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949. A general interest for understanding industry standards and norms is a plus.
- Creative with advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proactive, self driven and take responsibility when needed
- Great interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities
- Ability to communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly, in writing and verbally
- Commercial awareness, including an understanding of target user and market