Collaboration X PRO is a VMR (Virtual Meeting Room) solution with many options for interoperability. This guide shows you how to configure the Collaboration X PRO to be interoperable with Chrome or Firefox, Skype, Skype for Business, Lync, SIP and H.323. This is an example setup using a demo room from our partner ATEA. Get access to your own VMR by purchasing Collaboration X PRO today!
What is Collaboration X Pro?
It is the easiest way to get high quality video conferencing from the field!
With Collaboration X Pro you can call anyone at any time – regardless of the technology they use!
How do I get started?
1. Create a user on Collaboration X PRO and contact your local BARTEC Sales office to get a PRO trial, or buy the product directly.
2. Configure the BARTEC PIXAVI device to call to the Collaboration X PRO meeting room.
3. Set up the call (on your computer) by navigating to the meeting room WebRTC address (or call from any other platform)
4. Make sure you use Chrome or Firefox browser. Internet Explorer does not support WebRTC. Allow camera and microphone.
5. Review settings
6. Join the meeting (choose video and audio settings)
7. Press Start
8. Add new participant (when you are host):
9. Your video conference has started, dial into the same room from your BARTEC PIXAVI device.
How to configure Skype 4 Business
Add the VMR address as a contact in Skype of Skype 4 Business (formerly called Microsoft Lync), once the host is in the meeting you can call it just as you would call another Skype contact. For a Skype 4 Business corporate implementation, if you wan to use Skype to a meeting room at the pixavi.cx domain, you need to federate towards this domain. The edge server has the address: meet.pixavi.cx. It is the same procedure Lync 2010 and Lync 2013.
Once federation is complete, you can add and call the meeting room.
Example (in your case it might be firstname.lastname@example.org instead)